February 29, 2016 - Marloo was awarded Winner Best Classic Boat 2016 at the Paynesville Classic Boat Rally.
Marloo, the worlds first H28 was built here in Australia.
Launched in 1944 and sailed at the Royal Brighton Yacht Club where she won many races, the Marloo then moved to the Gippsland Lakes in the 1950's. Currently owned by Graham Young she underwent a major refurbishment in 2002. Full details of the refurbishment can be found in a 5 page article in the October 2002 edition of The Cruising Helmsman.
Since the major rebuild, additional work has been done.
Complete replacement of engine bearers and the installation of a new Yanmar 3YM20 and new controls.
- New engine housing, battery housing etc..
- New upgraded Prop shaft, seals, skeg and fitment of a GORI propeller.
- All electrics replaced
- New custom made water and fuel tanks in S/S 316 under bunks in saloon.
- galley remodelled and bunks renewed..
- Refrigeration installed
- New GME VHF Radio and Fusion Bluetooth entertainment system installed within last 3 months
- Some significant cabin repairs were made in 2014 after which her hull was repainted and her brightwork and mast were refinished in Awlwood to give her the appearance she has today.
Reprinted from The Paynesville Classic Boat Rally website
Marloo's owners, the Young's, are currently looking for a suitable lover of classic boats to take over ownership of Marloo.
Click here for more photos of Marloo.